1. Call (918-815-3457) to set up an appointment for a pre-screening interview. The interview will be about 45 minutes. The program and mission of Family Promise will be explained to you.
2. Arrive to your appointment on time.
3. IF the program is something you are interested in after the pre-screening and it is determined your family is a "good fit" for Family Promise, you will be required to wait 2 days before calling back. During the 2 days, ALL adult family members will have a background check done on them. Nothing excludes a family immediately on the background check except for a sex-offense. We do not allow sex offenders into our program because of the family nature of the program. The 2 days also allows you and your family to think about the program and to determine if it's right for you.
4. At the end of the 2 days, if a family is still interested in the program, they call our Day Center (918-815-3457) to set up a final interview. This interview takes approximately 30 minutes. We talk about the family's goals and discuss their current finances.
5. At the end of the final interview, if it looks like an appropriate match between Family Promise and the family, any member of the family that is of high school (9th grade and above) age is required to have a free drug screening completed. We do NOT accept any current users into the program. The drug screening results take approximately 36-48 hours to be returned, at which time if they are clean, we set up a date and time for the family to enter the program if a vacancy exists. IF there is no vacancy, the family will be put on a waiting list and when a vacancy occurs, the family will be contacted.